1.Care and use
Before First Use — Important !
-Before using blue & black steel , you should remove the protective anti-corrosion (wax) layer, hand wash the pan in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly on a warm hob ring, immediately after washing.
-Before using grey steel pan,you should season the pan .Please read here for the detailed operation.
Carbon steel cookware must be dried thoroughly after washing to prevent corrosion.
For optimum results when using the “Pan For Life”, it should be preheated thoroughly before adding food. To test if the pan is hot enough,splash a droplet of water onto the surface of the pan. If the droplet of the water rolls across the surface of the pan, it has reached the required temperature.
Using the cookware
- Suitable for use on all hob types.
- Do not overheat the cookware. For optimium results, use the cookware over a medium heat setting.
- Acidic foods such as tomato, white wine and lemon, in addition to braising foods with liquid, when cooked, can remove the patina (non-stick surface) and lighter patches may occur. Should this happen,
heat up the empty pan to a high temperature till the pan becomes metallic blue. The color will become even and it’s ready to use again.
- During the patina building development, it’s normal for pan’s surface color changing. Just keep using, it’ll show an even and black surface. The patina may occasionally flake off during cooking；this is normal and is completely harmless if ingested.
Cleaning the Cookware
- Allow to cool thoroughly before moving or cleaning
- This cookware is not dishwashed safe, as the abrasive effects of cleaning detergents and salts will cause corrosion to carbon steel cookware. Where possible, simply, simply wipe the cookware with a soft, clean cloth.
- To remove stubborn stains, clean the cookware in warm, soapy water with a mild detergent and a plastic mesh pad; rinse and dry thoroughly immediately.Repeat the seasoning process at least twice.
- Do not leave cookware to soak in water for long periods of time.
- After use, heat the pan dry and store in a dry ,clean place.
- If you don’t use the pan for a long time, please grease the pan with a layer of oil on the outer surface.
- If the cookware becomes overheated,allow it to cool to room teperature before removing from the hob.Examine the condition and safety of the cookware before using again;if there is any evidence of damage,dispose of it carefully.
- The handles of the cookware may become hot during use;always use heat-resistant oven gloves to move it.
- Do not allow the cookware to boil dry,as this can cause wraping.
- Never expose hot cookware to cold water or other liquid.
2.How to season a pan?
Please refer to the grey steel seasoning process.Click here.
3. How to rescure a rust pan?